Around Chena

 I stopped at the Missing Moose Cafe for a sandwich. A young 20 something lady was running the counter. She told me she rode a dirt bike when she grouse hunted, and went on to tell me she liked to hunt grizzlies, dahl sheep and caribou. A very accomplished outdoors lady 

She then asked where I was from. I replied telling her about our motorcycle trip through Canada and into Alaska. She asked if we were camping as we travelled, to which I replied "yes". Her mouth dropped open and she said "OMG! With all the bears  motorcycle camping is incredibly dangerous"! It occurred to me that I should have talked to her during the planning stages.

NB: The myth is that there are no ticks in Alaska. I just found one on my hand. Ticks are here...


Birch forest would be easy to get lost in

Chena River



Dont see these signs in Arkansas

A posing squirrel





Comments

  1. Still amazing but it sounds like you better be VERY CAREFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous23:21

    Yeah I would just pay the fine up front and carry the gun.
    AC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith Shedron23:37

      As Canada is now a police state, I think it is a mandatory sentence to a Soviet style gulag rather than a fine.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous08:55

      You missed my earlier comments somewhere. Its only a coupla hundred bucks.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous19:31

    How about best spray!!??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment